Punta Trettu is a place in the South West of Sardinia. It is a tip (Punta) that faces straight ahead (“Trettu” in Sardinian, “Dritta” in Italian) to the island of Sant’Antioco.
Punta Trettu is a famous Kitesurfing spot due to:
- shallow and flat water, that makes kitesurfing very easy
- constantly blowing winds of Mistral, Scirocco, Ponente and Levante
Kite Spot Details
|Minimun level required
|The best wind
|Wind for waves
|Distance from the center of Cagliari
|Distance from parking
|10 min by walk
|15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer)
Punta Trettu in Sardinia: the perfect spot for Kitesurfing
Many famous kiters consider the kite spot of Punta Trettu in Sardinia the best flat and shallow water kite spot in Europe.
Punta Trettu works perfectly with:
- north-west (Mistral) wind
- south-east (Scirocco) wind
That are the predominant winds in Sardinia. Punta Trettu works even well with East (Levante) and West (Ponente) winds.
What makes this kite-spot so special is:
- shallow and flat water
- enough space for everyone.
For the above reasons, Punta Trettu is a perfect spot to learn to kitesurf for beginners, intermediate and advanced.
Areas for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu
Although in Punta Trettu there are no swimmers, because of:
- shallow water
- small beach
- constantly blowing wind
there are areas where kitesurfing is absolutely forbidden.
The areas where is allowed to kitesurf and the areas where is not possible, are shown in the underlying image and are listed here below:
not allowed areas for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu
- The part of the spot close to the boat navigation channel. For the national sea law, kiters should stay 500 meters far from that channel.
- The north-eastern part of the spot where fishermen’s nets are often installed.
Who will do kite in those areas, could incur into a huge fine from the sea police.
allowed areas for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu
Areas of Punta Trettu Kitesurf spot where is possible to kitesurf:
- Areas dedicated to the kite schools for their kite courses / lessons,
- Areas dedicated to the independent kiters that don’t need lessons with an instructor. This areas is always extremely shallow and perfect for freestyle.
Go to the video to check it out:
Kiting areas – Punta Trettu