Punta Trettu , in the South West of Sardinia, is becoming always more famous as perfect kite beach because its incredible features: shallow flat water, and steady winds of Mistral, Scirocco, Ponente and Levante make this place a paradise of Kitesurf.
Although Punta Trettu is attended almost exclusively by kitesurfers, there are some Notices that and Rules to be respected in Punta Trettu.
In this page you could find the Notices and Rules for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu, and some usefel Tips and Advises.
Notices and rules for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu
- Kite Zones – Although Punta Trettu is a place where there are almost no bathers because kitesurfing is allowed just in certain zones. Have a look at the Kite zones maps showing the kite zones in Punta Trettu. People that will kitesurf out of the allowed kite zones could incur into a huge fine from the sea police and Coast Guard Coast. Important: it is not allowed to kitesurf in the boat channel neither in front of the beach next to the parking area .
- The Kite Spot of Punta Trettu is free and everybody can use it. So, no fees are required for kitesurfing in this spot of Sardinia. Just respect the rules and kite zones. Riders that not respect the rules and kite zones could be reported to the coast guard that can make high fines.
- Shallow Water – Shallow water may help the kitesurfers that can stand up and relax without loosing to many power. Anyway zones where the water is really shallow can be really dangerous because in the event of dropping in the shallow water, you can risk of serious injuries to your ankles, knees, and other parts of the body. Do Kitesurf only in the allowed kite zones and don’t do kitesurf in the zones with too shallow water.
- Toilets – Actually there are not Toilets at the beach. Use the toilet at the Kite Centers! Do not urinate in the trees at the beach! It is forbidden and we do not like the smell of your urine! Respect for others.
- Dogs and animals – Dogs and all kind of animals are not allowed at the beach during the summer bathing season. It is forbidden by the Sardinian regulations (have a look at the official low in the official website of Sardinia) even if they have Leash and muzzle. Police Dogs, Rescue Dogs and Guide Dogs (Guide dogs (for blind people) are excluded from the low.
Tips and Advises for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu
- For non-kiters – Punta Trettu is a paradise for kitesurf. On the contrary, it is not the best place for the non-kiters because the small beach, the shallow water and the wind that is almost always blowing. Anyway, seeing people doing kitesurf is always a fantastic show!
- Neoprene / rubber shoes: wear neoprene / rubber shoes because sometimes there are some shells, in the sandy backdrop of the spot, which can cut off the feet. Shoes are always provided by our Kiteschool and we are even selling them.
- Sweatshirt / Jacket – In Punta Trettu, even In the spring and Autumn seasons, bring always a sweatshirt. You would need it after your kite session: with the wind you could be cold.
- Wetsuit – even in the summer, it is better to wear a wetsuit. First becouse the wetsuit can protect you. Second because when you stay hours with the wind, even with 25-30 degrees you could be cold. Wetsuits are always included in our kite courses and we are even selling them.
- Fishermen Nets and Mud – stay away from fishermen’s boats. In these areas there may be fisherman nets and mud.