If you would like to learn kitesurfing in Sardinia, the best kite spot to learn is Punta Trettu Kite Beach.
In Punta Trettu, perfect for kitesurfing because the shallow and flat water, the constant winds and the nice atmosphere, there are some kite schools. Those kite schools offer different kite services and different type of kite lessons to the people that like to learn or improve their level. One of the Kite schools of Punta Trettu is the Punta Trettu Kite Center, that in addition to offering kite services, offers also Food and Drinks services in its Lounge Bar Cafè and accommodations in the Punta Trettu Kitesurf House.
#1. Where is the Punta Trettu Kite Center
The Punta Trettu Kite Center is located exactly in Punta Trettu, at the below Google Map.
#2. Kite Courses in Punta Trettu
The main differences among the different type of Kite Courses proposed by a kite school concern:
- their duration: with a longer kite course the student can learn and practice more, so a better kite level and skills can be reached;
- the student / instructor ratio: the higher the ratio, the more students have to be supervised by an instructor. What we believe is the best ratio is 2/1 (2 students and an instructor) as with too many students there is a risk that the instructor cannot follow all the students sufficiently, while with the 1/1 ratio, usually, the learning time not too satisfying.
Let’s see which level can be reached, by a completely beginner, with kite courses of different duration:
- 2-3 hours kite course: with a short kite course (2 – 3 hours) usually a beginner start piloting the kitesurf;
- 6 hours kite course: Safety Basics, Getting Ready, Start Kite Flying, Take Off, Flying, Kite Relaunch, Bodydrag, first water starts;
- 9 hours kite course: waterstarts, Going Downwind;
Kite Level 4: Going Downwind
- 12-15 hours kite course: Going Downwind, Changing direction, Keep Position to Wind, Basic Jibe, Going Upwind.
For more information on Kite Courses proposed by Punta Trettu Kite Center, click here.
#3. Start Time of Kite Lessons
Kite Lessons can be held with the wind. In Punta Trettu, wind usually start blowing from 11 am, even if, sometimes, it can start blowing also earlier or later when particular weather / wind conditions are present.
For the above reasons, considering the fact that the wind is not a manageable by kite schools, people that like to learn kitesurf have to be flexible on timing.
#4. More information on the Kite Courses in Punta Trettu
If you like to have more info on the Kite Courses in Punta Trettu, please refer to this page.
See you soon in Sardinia at Punta Trettu, the Paradise of Kitesurfing!